Alexandra A. Soskova
· Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, Sofia University, 1974 - 1979, Master of science in Mathematical Logic.
· Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University, 1986 -- 1989, Ph. D. in Mathematics.
· Programmer, Computing Plant, Sofia, 1979-1981
· Research Associate, Systemisot, Sofia, 1981-1986
· University of California, LA, guest, 1991-1993
· Assistant Professor, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Sofia University, 1993 –2005
· Associate Professor, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Sofia University, 2005 -
Areas of research interests
· Abstract Computability Theory.
· Theoretical Computer Science.
· Abstract Data Types
· Degree spectra
· Enumeration Degrees
· Theoretical Computer Science: Semantics of programming languages, Program verification,
Logic programming, Discrete mathematics and Algorithms, Languages, Computability and Complexity,
· Logic: Model theory, Computability theory.
· Mathematical Logic: Mathematical Logic, Model Theory, Recursion Theory.
· Chairman of the Department of Mathematical logic and its applications, Sofia University, 2007—
· Member of the Academic Council of Sofia University 1999-2007
· Co-chair of the Special Session in Relative Computability, CiE 2009, Heidelberg,
· Chair of the Organizing committee of LC2009, Sofia;
· Member of the Scientific committee of 7th Pan-Hellenic Logic Symposium, Patra, 2009;
· Member of the Program committee of LC2010, Paris;
· Co-chair of the Special Session in Computability theory, LC2010, Paris,
· Member of the ASL Council for Europe Chair of the Organizing committee of CiE 2011, Sofia